Friday 30 September 2011

middelheim museum


I'm already in love with Antwerp but there are moments when I fall a little bit more in love. Yesterday I experienced one of those moments, in the Middelheim Park, which is almost at my doorstep. It's separated from the Nightingale Park with only one cobblestone street. Middelheim Park is an open-air museum, a beautiful park with about 400 sculputures. The first international exhibition was held there in 1950 and yesterday they were wrapping up one by the Austrian Erwin Wurm (the boat and pumpkin head are his).


First I took a long stroll in the Park with my camera. The weather was beautiful, sunny and 26°C. Afterwards I sat down under a tree at the Park's café with a glass of rosé. It was precisely at that moment that I fell more in love. Moving here is probably one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. It's sort of my motto in life to remain detached but I think I'm failing big time when it comes to Antwerp. I guess Antwerp attachment is not really so bad.

Have a fabulous Friday!


photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

13 comments:

  1. i am in love too... what an amazing place! ... and now i just have to take a walk at the near forest ( no scalptures there but some kind of freedom...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO beautiful - I´d love to talk a little walk there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the park looks beautiful. I know I said this before, but I really do have to come visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Lisa

    I was imagining the scene. A wonderful place close to nature, a glass of
    Rosé, just enjoying the scenery .... AMAZING
    have a nice weekend!
    Hugs,
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm falling in love with Antwerp just by seeing your photos. What a perfect way to spend an autumn day, reading and sipping wine in a park café. I'll have to do that one of these days, until the cold comes. Enjoy your Friday, Lisa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it does look like a perfect city - pretty special x

    http://fashionandfrank.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really cool museum! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures!
    I love the one with the bicycle, its so pretty! And the one of the boat is funny!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Looks lovely, and 26°C is something else than we are having these days.
    More like 8°C and rain!

    But hey, we chose this and we are happy with it :)
    Nothing a bit of wood and candles can't sort out!

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love days like that! It looks so lovely there. I think I just fell in love with Antwerp myself :)

    Have a wonderful weekend, Lisa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous! What a gorgeous day... and the glass of rose - mmm.

    Have a great weekend.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful place and lucky you - its near you - amazing and surprising sculptures - I love it ;o)
    Have a nice weekend and hope the sun will shine on you ;o) Hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.