Wednesday 29 December 2010

camping by the letter box

Today started with laziness that turned into creativity and then relaxation. It's a wonderful mixture. I forced myself to do some domestic chores while my girls covered the dining room table with paper, paint, pencils and paintbrushes. Then we began the fun. This is the beauty of the holidays.

Speaking of creativity. Yesterday I ordered a book that has been on my wish list for way too long, Amsterdam: Made by Hand by Pia Jane Bijkerk. I almost want to camp by the letter box! Some of you are perhaps familiar with the author who is a well known stylist and has a wonderful blog, or a (blog)house as she calls it. If you haven't already added it to your daily reads, I recommend you do so. Every time I open it I want to visit Amsterdam again or do something creative. Actually, we had planned on staying in Amsterdam for 2-3 days between Christmas and New Years but our plans changed. Hopefully, we'll go in January instead; by then I'll have received the book so the trip will be even more fun.

It's hard to choose a favourite entry on Pia's blog, but the one that touched me the most was the one called Paris: A Dream Come True and the ones that followed when she showed her 90 years old aunt the city for the first time. Since about 1930 it had been her aunt Joyce's dream to visit Paris. I think all the followers of Pia's blog wanted to be there with them.

2 comments:

  1. I will go check it out.. thanks for the introduction! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you are so happy to get this book...she is fabulous!!
    ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊   ★ ┊  ★ ┊    
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊ ┊     ★┊  
      ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ★ ┊ ★ ┊
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊ ☆ ☆ 
    ☆┊   ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊ ☆   
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊★┊ ★
    ☆┊ ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ☆

    wishing you a fabulous 2011!

    Many,many hugs,
    Lila........

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.