Tuesday 18 October 2011

k&a: cinnamon buns


I promised you my yeast free cinnamon buns recipe and I always deliver! I've baked them a few times now to make them bullet proof (okay, shooting cinnamon buns makes no sense at all but you know what I mean). Here is part of my introduction to the recipe at kitchen & aroma:

I have nothing against yeast; I simply don't have the patience to use it! There, I said it. About two years ago I began experimenting with a yeast free cinnamon buns (rolls) recipe. Everyone in this household loved it, but I wasn't 100% happy, I wanted them softer. On a beautiful Sunday morning in September I was dreaming about freshly baked and soft cinnamon buns when I had an epiphany! I ran into the kitchen, put the invisible stay-out-of-my-kitchen sign on the door, put on my apron and began working, and I got the results I wanted. The yummy noises at the dining table were very rewarding … By the way, the recipe includes no eggs and the dough itself contains no sugar. And you know what, the buns are delicious!

Now to a totally different subject: Has it ever occurred to you that Claudia Schiffer is a vampire? Amanda at Blue LaReve suggested it in a comment to my yesterday's post and you know what, I think she's right. It makes perfect sense; the woman hasn't aged at all!

I never thought I would see cinnamon buns and vampires together in a blog post.

Have a fabulous day!

photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

21 comments:

  1. Lisa, These look delicious... you know I'm going to have to try this recipe this weekend now! Yummo! I'll let you know how I go.

    PS: I did chuckle when I read Amanda's comment.

    Have a good day.
    Helen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cinnamon buns, i'll take a look at your recipe.

    i wonder if she's had work done? or, is a vampire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have been craving cinnamon buns ever since I smelled them at the mall last night! You are right... Claudia does not age at all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I would see cinnamon buns and Claudia Schiffer together in a blog post. why? because the way she looks, she did never felt the taste of cinnamon buns :))))
    This summer I discovered Cinnabon and I instantly felt in love (yeehh, you can say it "you didn't wait for cold weather to come to start eating thousand of calories" :P). Well, we are not perfect :D! Those cinnamon buns of your look so great!!! Yammyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks great - funny I have just posted the worlds best bread with a tiny little bit of yeast ;o) on my blog ;o)
    Nice day to you ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy!!! I love cinnamon in everything, so have a feeling I'm going to love these very much. :) By the way, I have a recipe for cinnamon buns with yeast that don't require ANY labour-intensive tasks or waiting time (that's why I love that recipe). Will bake them sometime soon and publish, so you can see and try the recipe yourself if you like.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious!!!Cinnamon buns are my all time favorite :)

    And I think you are right about Claudia! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, they look delicious! I'll try the recipe asap, you know I can't resist your healthy recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect time of the year for cinnamon buns too and I can practically smell them wafting out my computer screen! I'm always a bit cautious of bread-like recipes but I might very well give this a go! Thanks Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay this is officially on my list for this sunday's indulgence. Too bad the fiancee doesn't like cinnamon.....more for me!!!! *evil laugh*

    I hate baking with yeast, too. It never turns out right (most likely because I never have the patience to wait long enough)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just cruel...I am just back from school, hungry as a horse and then these appear as from out of nowhere......Damn you Lísa :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL!! I don't like to think of women having "work" done, so I'm sticking with my vamp theory. ;)

    Yeast-free cinnamon buns - you're a goddess!! I love cinnamon buns, but have never made them. Like you, I lack patience. I can barely wait for them to bake, who wants to wait for the dough to rise?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so delish! I always imagined these to be really complicated to make, but your recipe looks easy to follow! Thank you for sharing with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i make your yeast free pizza very often, its so great!... so i will definitely try this one too : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never said before but I love cook desserts and cakes. oh, this is too dangerous...bad girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the delicious recipe!
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.