Sunday 20 November 2011

danish christmas fair

Yesterday we went to the Danish Christmas Fair in Waterloo, which I mentioned in my post. The Fair was held at the Scandinavian School of Brussels, which is located in a beautiful green area called Domaine d'Argenteuil. The weather couldn't have been better so it was nice to stay outside, enjoy food, Tuborg Christmas brew and mulled wine. Inside the gymnasium they were selling Danish products: food, candy, Christmas decorations, wreaths and all kinds of things. It was simply wonderful to be there, hear the familiar Danish language and experience another culture for just a day. We'll definitely go back next year.

At the Fair I found the reindeer I've been looking for to put on my Christmas table – yay! We also bought everything to cook a proper dinner, so yesterday we had a feast at home and it kind of felt like Christmas when we sat down at the dining table.

Have a beautiful Sunday!

photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

17 comments:

  1. How lovely, I just can't get enough of Christmas fairs :)

    Happy Sunday!
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely! After being in the tropics I'm in need of reality check that xmas is just around the corner :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa, you have made me so jealous! This market looks fabulous! The Christmas decorations are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something very special about a Scandinavian Christmas...the fair looks lovely as does the sound of your feast last night. Very envious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that food and drink looks delicious. Christmas markets make me happy. There is a German christkindl market here in Chicago that will open after Thanksgiving...I wait for it anxiously every year and then spend way too much money on chocolates and jams and bratwurst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like great fun! Yummy food. What a fabulous old building.
    Helen:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to begin Christmas celebrations.
    The school building looks amamzing!
    I do not enjoy Christmas so much in Australia, too hot, the atmosphere is not right for so many of the traditional fun.
    Have a good week:)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was lovely to discover your beautiful blog, via Dawn's and the lovely post you shared.
    The Danish Christmas fair looks amazing and how lovely to be able to walk around and see all the delgihtful goodies.

    Happy week
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great outing. Such lovely looking food and gorgeous decorations. I think I will have to plan a visit to your part of the world one day! x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so nice and wonderful! Gorgeous building, and the fare must have given you a cozy feeling. Love the reindeer too by the way. Expect a mail today soon;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi.....
    That looks like great fun! Yummy food. What a fabulous old building. I love history places.
    Christmas bingo

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos, i can only imagine the Christmassy atmosphere :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your collage and blog have got me very excited about the Festive season!
    I am not sure if it is you or Dawn who gets my comment on your guest post at thealternativewife but I found it was beautifully and so accurately written
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh, so nice!! i love mulled wine!!
    In Spain is too early to sell Christmas items, so, as Spanish girl, I don not still feel the whishes for decoring my home.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks great and kinda place i would like to go to this Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Small world! My Danish friend who lives in Brussels always helps out at these events. Despite spending a few years in Brussels, I never went :-(

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.