Sunday 27 November 2011

first sunday of advent


Today has been a good day. I sent hubby and one daughter to the Nightingale Park to collect cones and a spruce branch for our Advent wreath. I decided to go for silver candles this year and bought some fake snowflakes too. Well, before I made the wreath I had to freeze the cones because they had company – unwelcome company. I want nothing crawling in my wreath! Later I made apple cake with cinnamon and we enjoyed it with whipped cream.

This all sounds rather perfect, right? Don't worry, the two youngest children took care of the noise department and entertained us with some fabulous arguments but now everything is quiet, oh so quiet.

For the rest of the day I've decided to relax on my chaise lounge with my beautiful copy of Bleak House by Charles Dickens and do absolutely nothing. I hope you're enjoying a wonderful Sunday!

photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

11 comments:

  1. Lovely pics, I always feel happy when the season of Advent arrives! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is round the corner....we made our tree as we are travelling on Christmas day so I would like to enjyed before that.
    Rest of the day chill out for us.
    Love, Eliana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wreath...the silver + red go beautifully together. And as for the arguments...all's well that ends well, right? Here's to a new week...and only 28 (or is it 27?) days until Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. apple cake with cinnamon, children noise it really sound so perfect to me...

    ,but I know what you mean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so nice and the silver candles are lovely ;o) I decided also to have a simple advent wreath this year - maybe I can take photos of it tomorrow - these days have been so dark here in DK ;o)
    The dinner yesterday went so fine ;o) happy guests ;o)
    Today me and my daughter made christmas decorations - but decorating the house must wait until thursday - it always takes much longer than expected - but we had a great time ;o))
    Have a nice monday Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty advent wreath! Love the fake snow, wish I could find some of that :)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful Advent wreath; I love the touch of adding the pinecones, they give it more of a rustic feel. Sounds like a perfect Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your advent wreath is just gorgeous Lisa! And apple cake with cinnamon sounds heavenly right about now. The perfect way to end my weekend :)

    Glad you had a wonderful one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great relaxing Sunday. Your advent wreath looks beautiful. I'm starting to look forward to the cozy festive days and seeing this even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely you had a creative day! I don't like when the Christmas decoration gets excesive so this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.