Monday 26 March 2012

designer's home in paris


I have a little crush on this remodelled 18th-century Paris apartment of interior designer Thomas Pheasant. It's located on Boulevard Saint Germain, which is on the left bank of the Seine river (that would be the south side). Pheasant said he "wanted to enhance the architectural details that had been ruined by bad remodeling.” Please take a look at the before photos in the article to see how bad it actually was! I love the view from the bedroom. He kept its design simple "so as not to compete with the view.” How wonderful it must be to have one's own apartment in Paris! sigh

We had a good day in Luxembourg yesterday and we also drove to the old city Trier in Germany, which I last visited in 1991 when I was travelling through Europe with an InterRail train pass. I hope you are having a good start of the week!

photo credit:
Durston Saylor for Architectural Digest

9 comments:

  1. Wow that view is amazing + adore the perfectly French styling. Those chairs in the living area + bedroom are simply charming. So glad you are back Lisa, we have missed your beautiful posts :) I will email you the recipe for the cupcakes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous apartment. The view is breathtaking! It has a 40s elegance to it I think, as though it was a set from movie - beautiful. x Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant and smooth, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have really missed you, Lisa, I am glad to hear that only your laptop had some problems! I could never believe that such a beige apartment will be so amazing, of course, the view is fabulous, but I can see he did a great and hard job, I opened the old pictures and that green color near the fireplace reminded me of my grandma's old furniture! Happy Monday, Lisa! :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I especially love the artwork in the apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite the view! And I have to say the inside isn't so bad either. I am swooning over that last photo. It's calling my name. :)

    And welcome back! I've been absent myself but that's due to all of the festivites. Life kinda got in the way. Happy to be back myself :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is just a stunning home! I love the interior, those tufted French chairs are just gorgeous.

    Kate {Something Fabulous}
    http://thesomethingfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa! I love the color palette of this home. Elegant and soothing. Not totally sure about some of the artwork but the architectural details are divine! Hope you're having a lovely week. xo - g

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous apartment! I like the neutrals and whites with the black and those paintings are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.