Wednesday 23 May 2012

paris links - merci & flowers


I find it interesting how things that are currently on one's mind tend to pop up everywhere; it is as if these things start seeking you instead of you seeking them. Know that feeling? Yesterday, hubby came home from work with a small stack of magazines destined for the recycling bin. He thought that maybe there was something in them that would interest me, and if not they would simply end up in our bin. I told you only yesterday that I lost almost all my Paris links when my hard drive crashed and when I opened the first magazine I reclaimed one and added more.

In the March/April issue of Departures there was a short shopping article called 'Only in Paris' with nice photos. Departures is a luxury magazine so most of these shops are beyond my budget but I found the link to Merci again, a concept store close to the Bastille. I had seen photos of it a long time ago and I was so interested in the design that I just wanted to take a quick look inside while I was in the neighbourhood. Merci is one of those shops that donates to good causes, their profits go to children in need in Madagascar.

Through this article I found the flower shop Le Jardin d'Antoine on 57 Rue de la Pompe that I'd like to take a look at. It's a ten minutes' walk from the Trocadéro square that has a stunning view of the Eiffel tower. (The Paris pros tell you to go there to view the tower for the first time.) The owner, Antoine Teixeira, is supposed to be a flower genius. On Saturdays you'll find him at the flower market on Avenue du President Wilson, so if I'm in Paris on a Saturday I would love to visit his booth instead.

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt
Roberto Frankenberg took the photos in the article

7 comments:

  1. I've just bookmarked the article in Departures for the record. How fantastic does Merci sound/look... now that would be a stop for me ; and then a stop at JP Hevin for some chocolate to recuperate!... I love planning for holidays.:) Have a great day Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These seem like two stops you simply have to make while in Paris. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you lost all of your Paris files. :( How cute is your hubby? He's such a thoughtful man. Definitely a keeper! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you - I love Paris ;o) I don't even have to go anywhere - just sit in a cafe with my coffee and enjoying the atmosphere - but I will remember your links when I go there again ;o)
    Have a nice week Lisa - the sun finally came to Denmark and the warmth too ;o)
    We are preparing in my family on our 1 month holiday trip - uhhh I'm so excited ;o) Everything has to be booked and planned by ourselves ;o)
    Hugs from Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny and I agree that things on my mind tend to pop up everywhere. It's been happening a lot lately!

    You're going to have such an amazing time in Paris and I'm sure that you will compile a fabulous list of places to visit. Oh and Departures is one of my favorites. Not quite sure why but I receive it in the mail monthly. I think just because I have an Amex... I'll gladly take it :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say, I'm a teensy bit jelous of your itinerary, it sounds like its going to be an amazing trip! I have heard so much about Merci and am also dying to visit xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.