Thursday 28 June 2012

my corners II


I was going to give you a sneak peek into my 'French antique shop' last week but A needed more time to assemble one of the pieces we got, a cabinet that has doors, drawers and open shelves (bottom-left photo). He is almost finished and the wood also needs to be handled. To the right you see a close-up of the dining table and now we just need chairs. I would like the chairs to have a modern touch because as much as I love antiques and dark furniture I need a balance. Heavy spaces are not for me.

Shortly after we moved I gave you a sneak peek into the sitting area in the living room. In the top photo you see it with the rug we got. I was hoping it would be bigger, that is wider, so the front legs of the furniture pieces could be on it, but it turned out to be too small so we had to rotate it and keep the legs off. The old rug was too big for the room so this one will be better to use temporarily. I love the pattern and the light blue colour has brightened up the space. I'll take photos of the chandeliers once they are up and of the settee when we have found the right place for it. We still haven't decided what to hang on the wall but I'm pretty sure we'll think of something when we get a better feel for the room. By the way, the yellow rose on the table is from our garden. It's wonderful to be able to walk out with scissors and bring in fresh flowers.

photo credit:
LatteLisa

14 comments:

  1. I could totally feel relaxed in our home. :-) I agree about modern chairs with antiques - makes the impression much better and "lighter"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mix&match for the sake of balance (how else, anyway?!) Your place looks very comforting, and, although I totally share with you the not showing everything attitude, it's good to see glimpses of the everyday life of the bloggers you consider as close ones once in a while =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the rug. it's an unusual colour, isn't it. goes really well with that medium brown of the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like the final result will look beautiful! Love the furniture you chose very much. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your antique pieces are beautiful, Lisa. You are right, blending modern and traditional is always a better approach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the antiques...beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The table is just stunning and I love the idea of having modern chairs. I too love antique pieces but too much dark wood makes a space feel old and overwhelming. I love how it's all coming together. Even though the rug is a bit small for what you intended, I think it's beautiful. The color really does freshen things :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to see a glimpse of your newly acquired things! And, looking forward to seeing that cabinet...from first glimpse, the wood and hardware are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa, I love your rug and the rose!!!
    Lovely to have a peek into your corner.

    Take care, Eliana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your coffee table - very elegant lines. And the details of the dining table and cabinet are beautiful - can't wait to see more.:)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I just say how much I love those chairs? They are sublime. The detail in the French cabinetary is beautiful too; thank you so much for this little peek Lisa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, from these sneak peeks I'm sure that your house is simply beautiful. You have such a great taste for interior and details...of course we already knew it from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa, you have such great style! Lovely sitting area! Beautiful cabinet detail. How wonderful to have pretty roses in your garden. Thanks for sharing.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.