Tuesday 30 October 2012

paris: jardin du luxembourg


I think it is safe to say that the Luxembourg garden is one of the finest gardens in Paris. The garden is located in the 6th district and at the north end of it is the Senate building, Le Sénat. It has some beautiful statues; the Medici statue in the top photo is probably the one that attracts the most. There are benches and chairs spread all over the garden, which adds to the pleasure of taking a moment there to breathe and enjoy the scenery. It truly is a peaceful area.


photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

10 comments:

  1. Did you see a marionette show? What a lovely way to unwind at the end of the day... thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't see a show. It'll have to remain on my list of things to do in Paris ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love this garden, Lisa...I have so many happy memories of times spent here. Next to Hyde Park in London which is my favourite park it is definitely the Jardin du Luxembourg ;-)
    Beautiful photographs!
    Have a good week.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful, I would love to visit, maybe one day, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I think this is my favourite part of Paris you've posted so far. It certainly looks like a very peaceful area. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, atmospheric photos, Lisa! We love this garden also and are always struck at how incredibly peaceful it is in the midst of the city. One can really relax and recharge here. Love see your autumn views there. A bit melancholy and so lovely.

    – g

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's something about you and Paris that go so well. I lived quite close to Jardin du Luxembourg and would go there all the time. Such a beautiful place regardless of season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i am already dreaming of visiting this garden next year

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I agree Lisa, the Gardens are exquisite! Yours pics are so lovely and the autumn trees look beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.