Monday 8 July 2013

Summer Living | Vive l'été

If I had to pick three keywords to describe my today's mood I would go for seaside, sailing and aqua. My mind seems to drift either to a marina in Holland that we used to go to or to a beach somewhere, preferably on a Greek island. You may notice that all the images except the top one have something to do with fashion, but it isn't really the outfits or accessories that I'm after, but the story they tell.

To me this is the essence of summer.

photo credit:
1: West Elm Summer 2011 Collection via Bright.Bazaar (cropped) / 2: John Balsom for GQ España, June 2012 via Like the Sky | model: Cedric Bihr / 3: Sperry Top-Sider boat shoes / 4-5: Blumarine Spring 2013 via Vogue US / 6: Alasdair McLellan for Louis Vuitton Menswear Spring 2013 ad campaign | model: Jacey Elthalion, styled by Katy England / 7: Thomas Northcut for Free People, April 2013 Catalog (behind the scenes) / 8: Guy Aroch for Free People, April 2013 Catalog via Fashion Gone Rogue | model: Ieva Laguna / 9: Daniel Řeřicha (Oia, Santorini, Greece)

7 comments:

  1. wonderful images. happy summer, Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greece is a great place for summer!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mood these images envoke... a perfectly lazy summer beach day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah love the nautical inspiration! So calming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I could live by the sea, maybe just during the summer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. If ever a post captured the mood of summer, it is this one! The last picture of Oia is taken from almost the same exact spot where I got engaged so it is extra special for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is weird, I thought I left a message here the other day, but it seems to be lost in the interweb ethers. Gorgeous images Lisa--I love that first one so much--the blue dream ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.