Friday 13 December 2013

missing Christmas mood + tableware collections

Beautifully painted white and blue tableware tends to sweep me off my feet. Lately I have been admiring this detail of Jasper Conran's Blue Chinoiserie collection (I have added it to my wish list, next to the Royal Copenhagen's Blue Fluted Plain collection). Currently I don't have any ultra fancy plates and I don't really need them, but as I was unpacking our things I realised that it was time to update the casual plates and cereal bowls. Conran has a collection called Casual, which I would like to view a little closer before I make a decision.

How is your Christmas preparation going? It's only the five of us over the holidays and no need for big plans (no relatives around, therefore no Christmas parties). Unfortunately, my Christmas mood is still missing. I don't know what is wrong with me this December. With all the semi-Griswolds in the neighbourhood one would think that their decorations would have some affect, but they do absolutely nothing for me. And don't even get me started on the tacky reindeer figure in front of one house. I cannot even look at it!

Maybe the Christmas spirit will kick in this weekend. I'm going to let the children decorate the tree while I do some baking. I'm also going to make a big batch of home-made muesli, which mainly consists of oatmeal, cocoa powder, raw cane sugar, maple syrup and coconut oil that I put in the oven for a few minutes. The kids love it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

*Looking for inspiration for the holidays? Check out my Christmas board on Pinterest

photo credit:
1 + 3: Jasper Conran / 2 + 4: Sharyn Cairns for Homelife | styling by Glen Proebstel

5 comments:

  1. You know what Lisa, I could relate to this until a few days ago. When I styled my little festive vignette for the 'Urban Jungle Bloggers' post my Christmas feeling kicked in. I don't know if it was the warm candle glow (or the fairy lights I hung up later...), but now I am sort of ready for Christmas. Even though the weather here is sunny and not so cold at the moment...happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Igor, your comment gives me hope!
      I will be over soon to check your post.

      Delete
  2. Hope you will find your Christmas sparkle - just create your own, the way you like it to be and the rest will come. I do hear you about some of the deco and am not surprised you are missing the right mood after moving countries - I do like it here, but have always felt that Europe does some things better aesthetically… Unless you are in London or some other big city, you have to DIY everything to your specs :) and learn to laugh at some things you see around. :)

    x

    P.S. It's nice to know that you are in England, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still no Christmas spirit? The decorating of the tree and those goodies you are planning to make over the weekend should bring along a little more enthusiasm. Jasper Conran's blue and white painted tableware is so beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend, Lisa, and don't give up on the holiday mood! It will show up one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Blue fluted Royal Copenhagen! I even to manage to have a red tumbler once in Copenhagen to match perfectly with my kitchen. For me it is the baking day that kicks off the Xmas season. I, once missed it, and I have not been in the mood at all. I hope your weekend has help you and that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.