Thursday 16 January 2014

Space: in Alberto Pinto's studio



This living room is the work of interior designer Alberto Pinto (born in Casablanca in 1943 to Argentinian parents of Italian and French descent, died in Paris in 2012). This space was part of his studio's headquarters at the Hôtel de la Victoire, a 17th-century private residence in Paris. What mainly drew me to this space was the oversized artwork on the wall by Spanish artist Manolo Valdés (b. 1942). I also liked seeing the room untidy; indicating the atmosphere of Pinto's design process. I'm picturing him drinking from the cup while viewing various samples and taking notes. The bookshelf ladder also caught my attention. This particular photo appeared in the magazine Town & Country (source discovered via Mark D. Sikes). For another angle of the room and more studio photos, please visit the website of Alberto Pinto.

If you are interested in Alberto Pinto's design and looking for a book to add to your coffee table, the latest book about his work is Alberto Pinto: World Interiors by Julien Morel and Marc Quinn, published in 2011. Let me point out another book written by him back called Orientalism, which I would like to browse through (the price range is £560-800, not exactly within my budget).

photo credit:
Town & Country Magazine via Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. This is a very appealing image, especially thanks to the neutral colour palette, the wooden floor, and the cozy 'mess'!
    I'd also like to add that I love your new blog logo (if that's what it's called), it seems to suit you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the space and thank you for the logo compliment ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm going to comment on the header too and say that I like it. Simple and elegant.
    The painting is beautiful! The rest of the room is lovely too, but it's hard to take your eyes off the art work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes definitely the artwork is eye catching - just stunning! Congratulations on your new header; very slick indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.