Friday 2 May 2014

colours in a Greek island village



I snapped these images from my copy of the book My Greek Island Home by Claire Lloyd, a book that always sits on my coffee table or desk and is a constant source of inspiration. Perhaps you remember that I featured it on the blog last September with a short interview with Claire and a few publicity images. The reason I wanted to come back to it today is to congratulate Claire on the UK publishing of the book by Clearview.

Without any planning on my part, the latest Friday blog posts seem to have been all about colours. Therefore it seemed fitting to continue with that today: to show some of the enchanting colours of Claire's village on the Greek island Lesvos.

I am constantly struck by the way the colours of the landscape find their way into the village. (p. 60)


Trust me, this is a book worth having. It's unpretentious and has none of those glossy photos of a leisurely life in the Mediterranean. It shows the real life of people in a small village on a Greek island.

This book has soul.


Have a wonderful weekend!

photo credit:
Claire Lloyd, from the book My Greek Island Home, published by Clearview (photos of book pages taken by me)

2 comments:

  1. "This book has soul", how beautifully said. It's on my list. :) Have a wonderful weekend, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in these photos, it's going on my list too :) Hope your weekend is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.