Tuesday 1 July 2014

Space: an artistic living room in Barcelona



I'm just going to say it: I love this living room. It's in a Barcelona flat that belongs to designers, and mother and daughter, Lydia Delgado and Miranda Makaroff. I think the oversized art pieces create beautiful symmetry. The warm colour palette appeals to me, also the neutral furniture that gives the space a balance.

Last Friday I was talking about decorating with red in the bedroom and in April I shared some of my thoughts on styling the home with red. Personally, I would never choose a pure red hue, as it's too demanding for my taste. In this space, however, I like the use of red; the red shade of the rug doesn't feel overwhelming at all, it blends in well with the floor material.

photo credit:
Montse Garriga for Elle Decor España

1 comment:

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.